Monday, March 29, 2010

Hives anyone??

It was about 2 weeks ago now that I had a horrible cold. I was so stuffed up and congested that my chest hurt really bad and I couldn't think because of my head. So I decided to take some Sudefed.
Now, I never take meds. Tylenol is as far as I ever go. I just don't like them and don't ever need them. I guess I should have stuck with that as I ended up having a nice little reaction...







It lasted a week. Started on Thursday and the next Thurs. I finally only had a few on my feet. And this wasn't even the worst of it. I was in the clinic/emergency room twice for steroids to stop the itching as benadryl stopped being effective after a while.
Taking antihistamines for a week really did quite a number on my milk supply, but thankfully Barrett's being patient with it and it's coming back.

9 comments:

Lynisha Weeda said...

That's horrible! It makes me itch just looking at it!

The J's said...

I can't read it with your black background!

Anonymous said...

Dear Seven Year Itch,
Ick! Mom's just don't need to be sick... EVER!!!
Love,
So Sorry In NE

gkey said...

Oh yes, the med reactions....just ask my 2nd girl about that. What a night mare. But, worse for you being a nursing mama and all.
love,
wishing you 'in the clear' again in every way!

The J's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Njos Family said...

Nasty, I'm glad you could keep BF through it all.

Maxine - if you highlight the text you can read it easily.

Gramma's Corner said...

Ugh, that brings back rather horrible memories of the time I took sulfa, I was so sick, and feverish,I don't remember itching. Lynette is currently having a reaction, we think to palmolive dish soap, at school.

If the green background is loaded, it is readable, too.

The J's said...

Love your new background! :) :)
Laura had a bad reaction like that to some med. I gave her when she was pretty little. Don't remember what it was, but this family seems pretty sensitive to meds!
That looks like it was incredibly uncomfortable to say the least!

Bonnie said...

You poor girl...that has to be about the worst case of hives I've ever seen. I haven't checked your blog for ages so it was fun to see how big the baby is :) You probably still occasionally see my mom Irene.