Thursday, May 6, 2010

There's something about Jessi...



There's something about Jessi. We're not quite sure what it is.

She can tell you which place is Applebees, Wendy's, Arby's, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Taco bell, Chili's, and the list goes on and on. (Now, this makes us sound like we eat out a lot.. we really don't.)
I think that it's the fact that she's really good at memorizing. She knows pretty much all her books by heart and can read them right along with you.

But about 2 months ago now, I put a shirt on Barrett. The shirt said "Cowboy" and had nothing else on it.. just a black shirt that had the writing in white. (Actually, it's the shirt he's wearing in the "Sophie" pictures) It was the first time he wore it and we never said anything about what it said. We went to meeting that night and as soon as meeting was over Jessi told everybody: "Look! Barrett's a cowboy!"

Yesterday I was on Target's website and she came and sat on my lap.. and said "Target, Pay less!" Sure enough, on the page I was on, in bigger letters it said "Target.... Pay less.

(I thought this was a good chance to share these pictures of Jessi on here too, since I never did before! They were taken back on New Years Eve by my sister, Lynisha)

11 comments:

Wrena said...

HOW FUN! AMAZING WHAT OUR KIDS IQ'S ARE! WHEN MY DAUGHTER HAD A STANDERDIZED TEST THIS YEAR IT BLEW ME AWAY... I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU AND JESSI! :D

Lynisha Weeda said...

How funny! Kyrie & Trey name all the restaurants as we go by them too... their latest is "Applebees". Obviously we don't have one here and have only eaten there a handful of times with the kids!
When it started, Kyrie said "There's Applebees!" I asked her how she knew it was applebees and she just looked at me like I was stupid!

Lynisha Weeda said...

Cute pictures, by the way! =D

The J's said...

Great pictures! And Nish, your last sentance is hilirious!
Jeanne was the best in listing all the fast food places...my fav was hearing her say "lets go to Bubba Sing"!!
And Jessie--Grammie thinks your amazing :)

gkey said...

dear NorthernNeice,
Reading is the most interesting learning process! Can anyone actually know the moment it all starts coming together? A gradual thing, and yet sometimes there are leaps and bounds. I have heard of 3 & 4 year olds reading.
What a set of sweet pix you have of your little~darlin'.
love,
TheMiddleAnt who believes
Learning to read starts long before we know it.
in
NE

Dalayna said...

Dear MiddleAunt,
I agree. Who knows what's going on in those little heads.
And I can remember reading flash cards back when we lived in NV... So about the time I was turning 4.

Love, I can't wait to see you

Relyssa Weeda said...

haha :) thats awesome :D she is so smart. :)

Jeanette said...

The girl has some serious BRAINS!!!
Not to mention BEAUTY!

Judy Cronk said...

I've heard tell that some parents question their toddler's intellect and therefore don't interact with them--SAD! Obviously Jessi has been interacted with :-) And--oh yes, she is cute! :-)

Gramma's Corner said...

Kid's have such incredible brains, just like sophisticated sponges. They know things long before you can really tell. I suppose really "reading" comes with that ability to recognise symbols, which eventually turns into letters. Some kids read early, some late. But that doesn't mean they are not learning. It is SO neat to watch in all the different ways that little ones learn.
Love those pix, too.

Jeanette said...

BTW

I love your about me section! This world could use a few more of "those" people in my opinion!