Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What we did Thanksgiving weekend

I don't have much pictures of our actual Thanksgiving weekend, but if you want to see some you can look at Moms Blog (Because I spent the whole weekend using her camera instead of mine. Hehe.)

Dad & Mom came up and brought Meshayla, Morgen, Kara & Kaela. Our first family company in our house :)
Jon & Sara come over for dinner on Thanksgiving, then we all just hung around while mom cleaned up. (Hey, it was her idea.) Then we all went to Dave & Becky Birchill's and played basketball and had supper there.

On Friday we had the brilliant idea to go shopping. We knew it was going to be horrible, but it was the only day we had since Dad & Mom were leaving on Sat. We met up with Sara who got off work early and went to Kohls and Joann's fabric, but didn't buy anything there because the lines were so long. Then we went to Pout Baby Boutique and Jessi got a new puzzle (She LOVES puzzles) from Daddy and a big flower for her headbands from Papa & Grammy.
After that we went to Jonny Carino's for lunch. (YUM!)
Then we headed to the Home depot to buy the paint for Jessi's room!! Dad is a really good painter and we had talked him into doing it for us ;) Good thing, because he had it all done in the amount of time that I would have had it all taped and drop clothed.

We got home in time to watch the Husker game! What a good game it was!! While I would have loved us to just smash Colorado, A close game is always exciting. I really wanted Jessi's room done so I helped Dad part of the time, but we had turned the radio on in there so I didn't miss any :)
So we had a good weekend :) Here's some pictures of Miss Jessi's room.
Before:

After the paint:

And after putting the stuff on her walls. Everything in her room is petty special.

The rocking horse down in the bottom was made by Wade's grandpa.
Picture frame from Lanae :) This picture was when Jessi was 2 days old.
The slip on the wall was from Jessi's Auntie Laura. I had a slip just like this and had my pictures taken in it.

Picture frame from Roxie. Picture of Jessi at 8 weeks, Papa (McKnight) was holding her.
Afghan on the crib was made by Laura. It was the inspiration for the paint colors. It was one of my favorite gifts and Jessi sleeps with it on her every night.

Close up of the letters. I made these. That makes them special, right?? :D


Jessi kept trying to sneak upstairs to watch/help Papa paint. She thought it looked like so much fun. Sunday she got ahold of a paint brush and was trying to paint stuff.
And just because I have to. Lol. Jessi got in trouble on Saturday, so she got stood in the corner.
She was just bawling because of it. But when she got done she went and gave her Daddy a hug. All was forgiven. :)

13 comments:

The J's said...

Layna, the room turned out SO pretty!! Glad you got one of the before on your camera!

Dalayna said...

It was from when we looked at the house ;)

I LOVE the room.
Jessi was telling me on Sunday that "Jessi's room, 'tute' "

Lynisha Weeda said...

The room looks SO cute, amazing what a little paint will do!!!

Unknown said...

That room is gorgeous!! I like your letters, too. Heehee, I like that picture frame, too, so nice to see that it's useful to you! And I wish I had an afghan like Jessi's - it's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Jessi's room is darling! I can't wait to see it. The picture of her standing in the corner was OHHHH SO SAD!

MeMaw

Huisman5 said...

What an adorable room! Thank goodness for a need to keep Papa busy, huh?!

Burchibunch said...

LOVE her bedroom! Very cute! Love the picture of her sad in the corner. So sweet. Was fun to talk to you a bit more over thanksgiving.

Heather said...

what a pretty room (even if it is pink, lol)...and what a precious little girl!

Laura Jelinek said...

Awwww it's so beautiful and she's SOOO cute and I'd forgotten how pretty that afghan was! (That's the quickest afghan I've ever crocheted! Got it done in one and a half days. Course if some of you remember it meant working on it day and night! I'd gladly make anyone an afghan but I'd need yarn sent to me as over here it comes in such SMALL amounts and big prices.
Laura

Jeanette said...

The paint job is amazing! Jessi is sooooo cute!

Judy Cronk said...

Beautiful room!
Cute kid :-)

Angie said...

Very cute room for a very cute girl!
Looks like she likes it.

We are starting on Chloe's new room too. Wanna come help!? :D

jrjelinek said...

Adorable room. The picture of Jessi in the corner is just so little girl.