Monday, March 2, 2009

I cleaned!

We've had very hard water since we moved into our house.. It's caused disgusting, waterspots, mold, crusty, mildew, and whatnot in the shower, so I'm always feeling like I have to clean the shower. As much as I like a clean shower, I actually don't like cleaning it.. because of the icky smell from chemicals and the frustration that I can't get everything off like I want it!

On the chemical part, it's horrible when you have to try to decide if you should give the baby a bath before or after you clean the tub. I know you rinse it all off and stuff, but still.

So a little over a week ago I went to the organic farmers market to pick up the bison that we had ordered. While I was waiting for it, I was checking out the other products that different people had. There was a lady there with some Shaklee stuff and I had to check it out because I've heard such great stuff about Shaklee. I ended up ordering some of their basic H cleaner and some re-usable spray bottles for it. The basic H is really neat.. for the general cleaner, you put 1/4 tsp. of the cleaner in a 16 oz spray bottle and fill it up with water. To use it as a window cleaner, you put 1-2 drops for 16 oz of water. Niiiice.

So then the next day she called me and told me I won the drawing for a $20 gift card.. so I added on some of their scouring scrub. I had smelled it at the FM and it actually smells really good!

So anyways, I tried the cleaner and the scouring scrub on my tub yesterday... Easiest time I've ever had cleaning it! Everything came up really easy!

Shaklee looks like a pretty good company, very eco-minded. It may not be as "green" as my vinegar cleaner, but that's about as green as you can get and it works better, IMO.

Anyways, I didn't really have anything to post today. Haha! I just felt like posting.
Welcome to my boring life.

I was just thinking that I should have taken before and after pictures. Hehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dalayna, Great info. I am a Shaklee business owner. Have you ever considered owning a Shaklee business & working from home? Dub Kruse For info contact me toll free 1-866-395-1158 or at DubKruse@gmail.com .

Dalayna said...

Haha... funny how that happens.
I write a post on HFCS and somebody pops up saying that HFCS is ok for you with the HFCS webiste...

I write a post on vaccines and people pop up from all over the place from Google from searching "vaccines"...

I write a post on shaklee stuff and a shaklee rep shows up...

Hehe. I don't have a problem with it.. I'm just finding it funny right now.

Anyways, I am considering selling shaklee, but I'd go through the lady here who I order from.

Huisman5 said...

...and you will have a happy, healthy, little girl by not putting her around all the chemicals!