Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An unplanned vacation

But not really unexpected though. Just from the way things were going, we had an idea that this might be happening again.
We got the news yesterday that our company is doing a 8 week layoff. It was just about 7 weeks ago that Wade got back from a 6 week layoff. I was unaffected last time, but this time I'll have to have at least one week a month and maybe a day every other week off.
If Wade thought he was going crazy with 6 weeks off.. Lol!
Oh well, I'm just thankful that so far, we both have jobs to come back to. Our thoughts go out to those who have been laid off from their jobs permanently.

9 comments:

Laura Jelinek said...

So you want to come see me for several wks?? LOL Come with Shay...HA that would be nice!!

Dalayna said...

I would LOVE to. If only money wasn't a issue.

The J's said...

I am having a TERRIBLE time reading your blog with the black background!!!
Are you sure you still want Lyss to come?

Dalayna said...

It's brown?? I can read it just fine.

Yes, it's fine if Lyss still comes if she wants too. We're working on a plan... It should be "finalized" in a few days, so I can let you know then if it's going to work out.

Dalayna said...

Because there was some confusion, Wade will be laid off for 8 weeks, and I for about 2 weeks. :D

Lynisha Weeda said...

wow, crazy! guess it's time to stash money away for when you won't be working, huh?!
Just think of everything Wade will get done on the yard/garden/house (lol!) and all the time you will have to enjoy your family!

Jeanette said...

Oh Dalayana, I am so sorry to hear about your jobs! I certainly wish I could wave a magic wand and fix all the money problems of the world.

We are thinking of you!

Judy Cronk said...

Sorry about the lay offs-glad that you still have work and hope ahead for Wade. We are looking forward to you coming next weekend.

Angie said...

Any sort of layoff is tough :( Glad you can go back though. We certainly can sympathize!! Cole still hasn't found anything. Not much to do in these parts. Good luck -- it'll all work out.