Friday, January 30, 2009

Househusband? SAHD?

Today, because of a 3 week layoff at work, Wade is now a.... Househusband, Stay at home Dad? lol. (Is it wrong that I'm quite jealous?) We're keeping Jessi home from daycare to save on that during the 3 weeks, so this should be intresting!
I told him I'm expecting to come home to a clean house and a hot meal every night. Think that'll happen? (I'm not very hopeful!)
He did tell me to start a honey-do list for stuff I want done around the house (becides cleaning) though. His Mother heard him, so there's no backing out of that one!
So far:
Try to FINALLY get the hot water heater working right
Cut, paint and put up my shelf for the living room. (Long straight shelf that I want to be made into a corner shelf)
attempt to put our dishwasher in (YAY!!!!!)
Put some more trim in the living room/dining room
Anymore suggestion?? I have a hubby with nothing to do for 3 weeks...
I mean, when you stay home with a child, you DO have nothing to do... Right?? Hehe.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will get lots done...with Jessi's help!

...Ruth

The J's said...

I'm betting on him too! Don't know about the cleaning, but Bet you get meals! Bet Jessi will love it :)

Unknown said...

Well, guess you'll find out how much he can do! But probly Jessi will think it's great fun to have daddy around a lot more for a while!

Lynisha Weeda said...

Careful, he might enjoy it so much that you'll have to be the full time breadwinner!

Huisman5 said...

By the looks of the pictures, it looks like he's got it covered on what to do! (Is your table in the background one of the bar height tables? Or does it just look like it in the picture? I think those are so neat, but they don't quite fit my house!

Dalayna said...

A. Lori, it is. I love it, but it only has enough room for 4 people
:( Wade's said he'll build me a new one some day and I want it just as tall if possible!

Jeanette said...

Looks like Jessie is already enjoying having her dad home!

Angie said...

Sounds like our life!! Cole has been laid off since the middle of December..going on 9 weeks now. Chloe has absolutely loved having him home all day. I have loved it too..I haven't done laundry or dishes in weeks, usually come home to supper, and he does most of the housework not to mention a whole bunch of projects. Ok so he spends quite a bit of time on the computer but hey I won't complain :) He made Chloe a new little playroom in the basement so they spend a lot of time down there, playing Play-Doh and babies and whatever else she comes up with!
They'll have lots of fun :)