Friday, July 9, 2010

You try reasoning with a 3 year old.

Yesterday Barrett needed to nurse and Jessi decided she wanted to feed him. Our conversation went like this:

Jessi: "But I want to feed him!"
Me: "Jess, you can't feed him, you don't have any Mommy milk"
Jessi: "Yes I do, it's in my boob. I want to feed him!"
Me: "No you don't, silly! See, they're small. No milkies in there."
Jessi: "Yes there is!"
Me: "Sorry Jess, but until you have a baby of your own, there won't be real milkies. You can pretend for your babies though. Since Barrett came out of my belly, I get to feed him since I did all the work."
Jessi: "But I do have a baby!"
Me: "Really? where?"
Jessi: "In my belly....
Then she looks out the window and see's the pool.
"Oh! But I have to go swimming first!! I have to go swimming in the pool so the baby can come out!"
Then she walks off, arching and holding her back, moaning and groaning.

All this because she wants to feed her Brother.

9 comments:

Gramma's Corner said...

Funny! Can you reason with any age child?

Relyssa Weeda said...

hahaha :) she is seriously the most funny kid ever :) i love her reasoning and that she knows all about that she has to go swimming to get the baby to come out, LOL. :)

Raimie said...

Silly Girl!

The J's said...

Oh, ROFL here!! Now really, I can't believe you didn't just let her try!! :D
A picture of her heading out there to the pool and your journaling would have made a hilarious scrapbook page!

Heather S said...

(i came from your mom's blog)
that is hilarious!!! we've had similar conversations here :)

Unknown said...

what a case! she's pretty smart, actually!

Lynisha Weeda said...

LOL! Love the 3 yr old logic!

Jeanette said...

That is priceless!

Shayla said...

haha Jessi is the greatest :)