Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Big BOOO on the FDA

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE4AO9FZ20081125?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
Melamine is what was found in all that pet food that killed a ton of pets, and what has been
found in the formula in China that's made thousands of children fall ill and several have died.

I just LOVE that they say there's absolutely no risk.
It doesn't matter HOW much it is! It SHOULDN'T be in there in the first place!!!!!
I just love how the FDA was all "no amount is safe" when it was China only, but now that it's in the US formula, traces amounts are just fine.

The FDA has been such a joke lately. Last time it was the BPA that they were saying "Oh yeah, it's safe, no problem." And now this.

Just another reason I'm glad I breastfeed Jessi.
But some mom's aren't as lucky to get to. And some babies aren't as lucky as to get breastmilk, for whatever reason.

Anyways, Big BOO on the FDA!

4 comments:

Lynisha Weeda said...

I just read this.... Nice!!! It's okay to poison our babies a little bit but not a lot!

Anonymous said...

I saw that article too and am so glad my grandbabies are breastfed! Loves to Miss Jessi... Happy Thanksgiving!

MeMaw

Mark Weeda said...

I had a conversation w/ my buddy, Rob, from work. His wife breast feeds their kid!
Rob and I were joking about formula babies. There's a kid here at work that can be uber annoying, and I was like ya, he was probably another formula baby. :P
But ya, it's so awesome that there are still mothers out there who nurture their babies as God intended!

Happy T-day! I'll enjoy some Prime Rib for ya! ;D

Heather said...

Hmm...another incentive for me to breast-feed. If I ever find a guy, marry him, and have a kid...