Friday, February 20, 2009

A funny story in relation to my last post

On the diaper boards I am on, we were discussing the story of the woman who was asked to leave Dennys for BFing.
Here's the story... (This is a place where BFing laws are in place and totally on the side of the mother BFing, ANYWHERE public or private)
"Crystal Everitt says she was asked to leave Denny's on Patton Avenue Sunday because she was breastfeeding her child.
Denny's Regional Director Rick Pate tells News 13 complaints poured into management and some patrons left. He says a manager asked Everitt to cover herself or go somewhere more private.
When Everitt said her legal rights were being violated, the police were called. Everitt tells News 13 she was asked to leave the restaurant, or face trespassing charges.
She says society should not sexualize breasts -- especially when they're used for the practical purpose of caring for the young.The Asheville Police Department says their officer informed Denny's that indecency laws do not apply to breastfeeding mothers, but that they could charge Everitt with trespassing since Denny's is a private business that reserves the right to refuse service.
APD says the manager did not charge Everitt with trespass.
There is surveillance video of the incident, but Denny's is not releasing it to the public. Everitt says she and others are planning a demonstration against the Denny's chain. There's no word yet on when that will happen."

Now I tell you that story to tell you this one. Another lady posted this in the discussion:

"I was asked to nurse in the bathroom once and so I decided to ask the waiter if he would please bring a table, chair and my meal/drink into the bathroom for me so that I could continue to eat my dinner.
He was stunned and brought the manager to the table and asked me to repeat the request so that his manager could hear it.
I did and said said, "Ma'am, consuming food of any kind in this restaurant's bathroom is against our policy. We wouldn't allow a dog to eat in our bathroom".
As soon as he said those words he turned beet red and did a turnabout face right back into the kitchen.
Needless to say, our meals, drinks and the bonus deserts sent to our table that evening were FREE. "

HAHAHA!! I love it! :D

8 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, that's great!!!:D I love it. really stuck his foot in his mouth, didn't he!

The J's said...

WHEW! That's a really good one!!

Lynisha Weeda said...

LOL!!! That's the best - I'll have to remember it just in case I'm ever asked to nurse in the bathroom! LOL!

jrjelinek said...

Me to might come in handy soon although I hope not.

Jeanette said...

Way to go for the woman who stood up for herself......

The dunb thing is do these oversexed men forget that they were probably fed the same way when they were little?

Jeanette said...

*dumb

Dalayna said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

@ Jeanetter - so true!!